Microsoft has announced the phasing out of Training Vouchers as a benefit of Software Assurance (SA).
It has been replaced by Microsoft Learn which is available to everyone now, is free and self-paced with options for certification.
The timeline is:-
- 31st January 2020 – Training Vouchers can no longer be converted to Planning Services days
- 31st January 2020 – Azure related training courses removed from catalogue
- 1st February 2021 – SA customers cease accruing additional benefits
- 31st May 2021 – Last day to claim accrued Training Vouchers
- January 2022 – Training Vouchers no longer redeemable
- URGENT ACTION is required if wish to convert your Training Vouchers to Planning Services days.
- URGENT ACTION is required if you wish to use your Training Vouchers for Azure related courses.
Note 1: Training Vouchers are acquired when you purchase SA on On-premise product licenses such as Windows Server & SQL Server core licenses, as well as purchases of Microsoft 365 From-SA User Subscription licenses. (From-SA indicates a transition from SA for on-premise products such as Client Access License (CAL) Suites).
Note 2: You must pro-actively claim your Training Vouchers via your VLSC and/or MPSA licensing web portals. If you have not done so, we recommend you consider doing so soon. However, note that once created, Training Vouchers are valid for 180 days.
Although it will be 2 years before Training Vouchers are no longer redeemable, we recommend that you use your Vouchers soon as we expect Microsoft Certified Training Centres to start to wind down the number and range of courses offered.
If you need any assistance, please contact The SAM Club at email@example.com
For those clients that have an on-going Service Agreement with The SAM Club we will be contacting you to help you claim and manage any outstanding Training Vouchers benefits.
Also, see our next blog on the phasing out of Planning Services as a benefit of SA.