Microsoft has announced the phasing out of Planning Services days as a benefit of Software Assurance (SA).
The timeline is:-
- 31st January 2020 – Training Vouchers can no longer be converted to Planning Services days.
- 31st January 2020 – All Planning Services related to migration to cloud services are retired
- 1st February 2021 – SA customers cease accruing additional benefits (days)
- 31st May 2021 – Last day to create Planning Services Vouchers
- 31st December 2021 – Remaining Planning Services fully retired
- URGENT ACTION is required if wish to convert your Training Vouchers to Planning Services days.
- URGENT ACTION is required to use your Planning Services days in relation to cloud migration
Planning Services provide deployment planning assistance for On-premises or Hybrid environments with Microsoft Consulting Services or qualified Microsoft partners.
Planning Services are largely focussed on transitioning On-premise workloads, such as Desktop (Office/Microsoft 365 & Windows), Exchange, SharePoint & SQL Server, to Microsoft-hosted or mixed (Hybrid) deployments.
Note: You must pro-actively activate your Planning Services benefit creating a Planning Services Voucher which must be assigned to your Project Manager. This is done via your VLSC and/or MPSA licensing web portals.
Although it will be 2 years before Planning Services are fully retired, we recommend that you consider using your Vouchers soon.
Note, however, that Microsoft has introduced FastTrack to help organisations move to the Cloud.
FastTrack services are delivered by Microsoft employees, Microsoft-approved suppliers and Microsoft-approved partners (“FastTrack specialists”).
There are some specific eligibility criteria such as purchasing a minimum of 150 licenses from the eligible plans.
Customers with eligible subscriptions to Microsoft 365, Office 365, Azure, Dynamics 365 etc can use FastTrack at no additional cost for the life of their subscription.
If you need any assistance, please contact The SAM Club at email@example.com
For those clients that have an on-going Service Agreement with The SAM Club we will be contacting you to help you claim and manage any outstanding Planning Services benefits, if required.
Also, see our blog on the phasing out of Training Vouchers as a benefit of SA.