The latest release of Backup Exec is 20.3
Existing customers with active maintenance may be entitled to upgrade at no charge. Veritas Support is available to assist customers who are actively upgrading from Backup Exec 16 to Backup Exec 20.x. Upgrade Support is limited to upgrade assistance and does not include step-by-step guidance nor consultancy about the upgrade process nor troubleshooting Backup Exec 16.
Customers running Backup Exec 16 who wish to migrate their existing jobs and backup data to new hardware can follow the steps provided in the articles below as appropriate for their environment:
• Article 100020224 – How to migrate (move) Backup Exec from one system to another with the same version of BE, Windows and same or different computer names
• Article 100001807 – How to migrate Backup Exec to another server with a different Windows OS version
• Article 100020072 – How to migrate (move) Backup Exec from one version to another on a different server with a different server name
• Article 100012412 – How to migrate (move) Backup Exec from one computer to another using the same version of Backup Exec and Windows, and the same computer name
• Article 100017867 – How to Copy the Backup Exec Database (BEDB) from an existing Backup Exec Server to a new Media Server with the same or different server name
• Article 100027163 – Disaster recovery of Deduplication Disk Storage in Backup Exec 2012 and above
• Backup Exec Administrator’s Guide, Duplicating backup sets or a job history manually
As from 2nd April 2019, requests for support for Backup Exec 16 releases will be denied by Veritas Customer Care unless the customer has a valid Extended Technical Support contract in addition to a valid maintenance agreement. Please see the links below for more information.
• Your Backup Exec Licenses
• Releases that you are entitled to
• Your Support & Maintenance Renewal Dates
• If you’re confused by the data in your MyVeritas licensing portal – we provide a Licensing Portal Health Check & Clean-up Service
• Explore converting your Agents & Options licensing model to the Capacity (per Terabyte) licensing model & if this might result in ease of use and/or renewal cost savings